The main objectives of the Australian Systemic Functional Linguistics Association are to:
- promote scholarship and research in SFL
- disseminate the results of research in SF linguistic theory
- organise national conferences around SF linguistic theory and related fields
- support appropriate SFL teaching activities
- maintain the relationship with the International SFLA
Click here to read the ASFLA Constitution.
ASFLA Annual Conference
The ASFLA annual conference is held every year EXCEPT when the ISFLA (international) congress is held in Australia.
In 2013, the ASFLA Annual Conference will be at the Melbourne campus of the Australian Catholic University, 1-3 October. Find out more.
Register and Context 2013: Mode, text and texture
This symposium is a forum for debating and developing the text-in-context model of the systemic functional linguistic school developed by M.A.K. Halliday.
13-15 February at Macquarie University. Find out more.
See the Conferences page for details of ASFLA conferences, past and future.